You will need your smartphone and a desktop or laptop computer with Internet access to complete the process.
1. Download the Alabama eID app.
2. Photograph your driver license or state ID card.
3. Take a selfie with the app to activate your eID.
- Take the selfie with a solid background behind you
- Face the light source
- Face has to be centered in the oval and they should be turning roughly 45 degrees from straight on
- Match the speed of the model in the help video
4. Register your eID with the Alabama Department of Revenue.
- Go to the My Alabama Taxes portal on your desktop or laptop computer.
- Click "Register your Alabama eID"
- A QR code will appear. Scan this with the Alabama eID app on your phone.
- If you do not complete this step immediately after installing the app, you may need to open the app again and take a selfie to unlock it.